terça-feira, outubro 01, 2024

Unreasonable hospitality - parte II

""All it takes for something extraordinary to happen is one person with enthusiasm."

...

Let your energy impact the people you're talking to, as opposed to the other way around."

O trecho que se segue fez-me lembrar alguns empresários de PMEs que aprenderam esta lição há uns anos:

"Randy also instilled in us a sense of ownership by finding ways to demonstrate his faith in our judgment.

"You okay if I get out of here a little early?" he'd ask, tossing me the keys to the front door. As a twenty-two-year-old, I was thrilled to be left in charge. If the boss was gone, then I was the boss-which is why I worked harder when Randy was gone than when he was there.

More important, I never forgot how much his trust meant to me, which is why developing a sense of ownership in the people who worked for me would become a priority for me as soon as I was the one tossing the keys."

Um momento de silêncio pelas PMEs que este estudo revela:

"a "cult" is what people who work for companies that haven't invested enough in their cultures tend to call the companies that have."

Paro aqui porque a próxima citação merece um postal isolado. 


Trechos retirados de "Unreasonable hospitality: the remarkable power of giving people more than they expect" de Will Guidara.

Parte I.

Sem comentários: