quarta-feira, abril 29, 2015

"Strategy = compete for profit"

"2. Strategy = compete for profit
Business is not about having the largest market share or about growing fast. It’s about making money
. ‘I want to grow my business’ is not a strategy. [Moi ici: Recordar o truque de Roger Martin, uma estratégia é uma escolha, se o oposto dessa escolha for estúpido então não é uma estratégia] ‘I want to grow my business’ is the same as saying, ‘I want to be rich’. Those things (unfortunately) don’t happen by themselves. Growing is not a strategy, it’s a consequence. When someone includes growth in their strategy, there should be an orange light starting to blink. [Moi ici: Volume is vanity, Profit is sanity] That does not mean that you cannot use the word ‘growth’. I use it a lot in the analysis phase – for example, when you talk about growth areas of the business or when you look for growth platforms – areas where you can reach potential that will give you additional profit."

Trecho retirado de "Strategy Execution - The definitive guide" de Strategy Jeroen De Flander

Sem comentários: