"Napoleon said: To understand someone, you have to understand what the world looked like when they were twenty."Entretanto, nos últimos anos o mundo mudou e acelerou. Os autores do livro propõem 5 alternativas estratégicas:
"The Strategy Palette offers five distinct approaches to business strategy:
- The Classical Approach (be the biggest) [Moi ici: E apetece voltar aos participantes nos Encontros da Junqueira. Ficaram por esta visão do mundo, cada vez mais obsoleta. Recordar esta figura.] is the traditional analyze-plan-execute method, with a goal of achieving sustainable competitive advantage through scale or differentiation.
- The Adaptive Approach (be the fastest) is about responding rapidly to changing market conditions by continuously experimenting, then selecting and quickly scaling up whatever works.
- The Visionary Approach (be the first) envisions new business possibilities. Although this approach is typically associated with entrepreneurial start-ups, large companies now also need to be visionary to stay relevant.
- The Shaping Strategy (be the orchestrator) is about partnering with other companies to reshape an entire industry through collaboration, often using a digital platform.
- The Renewal Strategy (be viable) [Moi ici: Uma alternativa automaticamente satanizada por muitos. Recordo sempre Jobs e o seu “I am going to wait for the next big thing.”] is best used when a business is in jeopardy and needs to conserve its resources to fund the journey back to viability and growth."