sexta-feira, fevereiro 03, 2017

Uma novela sobre Mongo (parte XIX)

 Parte Iparte IIparte IIIparte IVparte Vparte VIparte VIIparte VIIIparte IXparte Xparte XIparte XIIparte XIIIparte XIVparte XVparte XVIXVII e XVIII.

Um tema super-fascinante é aquele que há anos aqui no blogue designamos por "é meter código nisso":
"Product = computer Once technology is so low cost that it’s disposable, it’s only natural for it to appear in disposable everyday products that, when they get thrown in the bin, the technology inside them goes in the trash too.
...
Smart computing on everyday devices will be as common as barcodes are now because barcodes will be replaced by these devices. But they will be more common, because these sensors will appear in products and places the barcode never infiltrated. At this point we’ll live in a world where the computer and the everyday product merge. It’s even foreseeable to have disposable screens on the backs of cereal packets. Packaged goods will equal computers."
Dois exemplos entre vários que o livro refere são:
"In the bathroom. I wake up and I brush my teeth. My new Oral-B toothbrush has a sensor in it — remember that products are computers now so I make sure that I brush my teeth for the required two minutes as recommended by Oral-B. But why would I do that? Because my dental plan gives me a 20 per cent discount, which is $300 a year if I do this in virtual currency. This is awesome for me because I get money and good oral hygiene. And my dental plan provider is happy because I’m a good customer due to my reduced medical risk. Oral-B are happy because I use my toothbrush more often and need a new one sooner. [Moi ici: Um ecossistema - pessoa, fornecedor da escova, companhia de seguros ou SNS] The sensor only works for three months (which is the recommended life of a manual toothbrush) so they get increased purchase frequency."
E:
"Health and fitness. It’s lunch time and I want to make sure I go for a run with my new geo-tracker-installed running shoes. I do this because I only get a new pair for free twice a year from my health insurance provider if I jog for 10 minutes at least three times a week. My health-insurance provider loves me for this because the biggest killer of middle-aged men such as me is cardiovascular disease. Every time I exercise, I’m reducing my risk to them. They’ve worked out an algorithm that calculates the reduced insurance payout per customer on calories burned and kilometres moved and the dollar cost of that reduction. I get free shoes (paid for by my health insurer), the sports shoe manufacturer sells more product and the insurance provider reduces its risk. Win, win, win."[Moi ici: Outro ecossistema]

Sem comentários: