segunda-feira, setembro 28, 2020

Function, organizational knowledge and competence

Some time ago, when carrying out an audit, I again found a situation unfortunately too common.

After reading a training procedure, I asked for the annual training plan. I selected a training course and asked what were the competence gaps that the course aimed to fill.

Silence....

It seemed that I was speaking Chinese or Greek.

- Competence? We ask managers what training needs are and it is based on the responses that we prepare the training plan.

I tried to approach the situation in another way:

- Do you have a document describing the competence profile of a job?

- We have! - they answered

- Can I see it?

The document, however, only linked the names of people to a list of activities that they could perform more or less frequently.

- Have you any document that describes what a person has to master to perform a function autonomously?

- No!

- How do you show that a certain person is competent?

To be continued.

Sem comentários: