sábado, outubro 26, 2013

Cuidado com os descontos

"Then, out of curiosity – let’s call it “research” - I asked if I was entitled to a volume discount since I was buying so much. Without giving it a second thought, the butcher chopped the per pound price from $8 to $6. As a consumer I appreciated the $60 savings - but as a consultant who helps businesses optimize their pricing, I wondered if the butcher realized how much of the store’s operating profit margin disappeared due to his hastily-considered discount.
...
While there are sound reasons to provide volume discounts, most companies over use them and offer them with too little thought. The next time you are contemplating offering a volume discount, ask yourself, “Do I really have to do this?” Back in my gourmet store, I’d already committed to buying 30 pounds of Korean ribs, discount or no discount. It was a classic case of a manager extending a discount that took a wholly unnecessary slice out of profits."
O lookingforjohn vai recordar uma cena deste tipo.

Trecho retirado de "When It’s Wise to Offer Volume Discounts"

Sem comentários: