sábado, dezembro 09, 2006

Alguns conselhos bem interessantes

Este artigo: "Eight Ways To Sell Value - Not Price!" começa por um título atractivo. Depois, seguem-se oito conselhos interessantes.

1. Be Unique. If there is nothing that differentiates you from your competition you become common. Webster defines the word common as, "ordinary or not special" and the only way buyers select one common service over another is price. (Como nos vamos posicionar, como queremos ser reconhecidos, como nos vamos diferenciar, o que vamos fazer, o que não vamos fazer).

2. Choose Your Clients Carefully: Don't ever let your clients choose you or you will be at their mercy. If a deal is going to close successfully, the true professional should be in control, not the client.To begin controlling your business, write down the attributes of the people you want as clients and then go out and get them with targeted marketing. I hope the first item on your list of attributes is that they are people you enjoy spending time with. Being a business owner is far too difficult to work with people you don't like just to earn a living.Turn away people who don't meet your criteria. When you reject or refer clients it tells the world that you don't just work with anyone, you are selective which raises your perceived value. It also makes you unique from other businesses who will work with anyone who can bring them a paycheck. (Os clientes não podem ser uma entidade vagamente definida, uma coisa acinzentada, uma nuvem; têm de ser uma realidade concreta. Fazer o perfil do cliente-alvo).

3. Set High Standards: If you work with anyone and everyone your value drops.

4. Compete On Value, Not Price: No disrespect intended to other business models, but it doesn't take any special skill, experience or knowledge to compete on price. All you have to do is be the cheapest, but this is a losing game... The way to get paid what you're worth is to visibly demonstrate your value to your clients. Competing on price does not create value.

5. Create Value In The Eyes Of Clients: I developed lists of activities I do for customers. This amazes clients because most have no idea how complicated their orders sometimes can be (whether it’s manufacturing, servicing, fulfillment, etc.) Since I created these lists I've never had to cut prices. If a prospect asks for a discount I simply show them the list and say, "Here are just some of the activities I must complete to earn my money. Why don't you point out the things that you'd be willing to do instead of me. If you save me time then we can talk about saving you money because I earn every penny I get." When confronted with a list that runs nearly ten pages long their eyes glaze over and they usually respond with something like, "You're the expert, I expect you to do this work!" To which I simply say, "If you want me to do all of these activities on your behalf then you need to pay me what I'm worth. If you want to pay less, I'll see if I can find someone who will do less and maybe they can save you some money."

7. Provide value that no one else offers. When prospects do business with me, they get a complete outline that explains my process from start to finish. It also includes samples, a list of service providers that could be involved in the process and much more. No other competing business offers any of these benefits, so if a client wants to work with me they must pay what I ask.

8. Reject price shoppers. Studies show that only 15-18% of people make their decision to purchase a product or service primarily based on price. This means that the majority of clients appreciate value and are willing to pay for it - if they see it.

Don't forget that real professionals earn their money by helping clients maximize value, minimize costs, save time, and much more. If potential clients don't appreciate this then feel free to refer them to your competition.You don't need every prospect and you certainly don't need every buyer to be successful. If all someone wants is a cheap transaction, send them to a vendor who competes on price and wish them both luck!

Sem comentários: