quarta-feira, maio 06, 2009

"Everything I need to know about strategy I learned at the National Zoo"

""Can Animals Think?"
The scientists, I learned, used only three criteria to determine the existence of thinking in this simian world: (1) the evidence of ability to create and hold in mind an image, a mental representation of something not present (Moi ici: por exemplo, uma representação do futuro desejado onde queremos chegar); (2) the evidence of intention, having a goal or purpose and a plan to achieve that purpose in a certain way (Moi ici: não será pedir muito? Ter objectivos a sério e um plano para os cumprir!!!); and (3) the evidence of flexibility, the ability to discover multiple ways to reach a goal when the initial plan failed to work (Moi ici: once again, não será pedir muito? Isto obriga a monitorização, análise e decisão!!!). Image, intention, flexibility. How many of the managers and MBAs I work with, I wondered, could pass the orangutan test?"
.
É desta forma deliciosa que Jeanne Liedtka começa o artigo "Everything I need to know about strategy I learned at the National Zoo"

Sem comentários: