quinta-feira, janeiro 05, 2017

Um exemplo que muita gente podia copiar.

Um exemplo que muita gente podia copiar. Ainda na Terça-feira ao almoço conversei com um apaixonado por carros antigos. Podia ser um bird-watcher, um motoqueiro, um maker, o meu amigo dos aquários, ...
"After I made my BMX Pinterest board, I sent a tweet out saying how excited I was about my new project to build the ultimate retro BMX powered by the connections the internet makes possible. I already had a few posts of bikes for sale on eBay and links to old-school BMX forums. The tweet had a link pointing to the Pinterest board. After I got back from lunch I checked my Twitter feed to find someone had sent me a reply tweet about the BMX project. It was from a local BMX store. They informed me they had an old-school BMX section in their store for big kids like me. The way they did it was really cool. The tweet said, ‘Cool project Steve. Here’s a link to the best forum for Old School BMX … If you wanna reminisce, pop in some day’.[Moi ici: Reparem, não vendem, não empurram, convidam, partilham]
.
Needless to say, I went in the very next day to get some advice on the project, on where to get parts (it’s a bit like car restoration) and on how to get the genuine stuff. They earned my business in 140 characters.
This was such a clever play on so many levels. There are a lot of subtle marketing lessons to be learned from this tweet. I’ll spell them out clearly.
  • Make it personal. They addressed me as Steve. You’d be surprised how few people do that when they find you online, even though your name is a mere click away.
  • Offer resources first. They provided me with something of value to help me: the link to the forums. They didn’t try selling to me on the first connection.
  • Focus on an ecosystem. They didn’t stress about where I went to solve my problem. They chose instead to embrace the fact that I was entering their market space. In some ways they recommended a competitor (the online forum that happens to sell old BMX parts). 
  • Use real language and culture. They spoke the natural language of the group. It wasn’t corporate brochure-ware PR speak. It was human and real.
  • Find tools of connection. I asked the owner how he found me. I mean, unless I was in his stream how would he know about my project? He said he does a social-media search every day with only two simple data parameters: the hashtag for #BMX and the geography of Melbourne. Very clever stuff. 
  • Focus on one customer at a time. They focused on direct connection, one new fan at a time. They didn’t try to build an audience. They helped a person, which is a very different approach. It seems old-school BMXers are a little bit smarter than old-school marketers. What a great way to build a community; one that I’m now a part of.
While everyone gets enamoured with ‘big data’, there’s probably a lot more we can do with ‘little data’."

Trecho retirado de "The Great Fragmentation"

Sem comentários: