- "An increase in leather demand from other sectors is pushing prices up"
- "Change in the produt mix, with leather potentially becoming a niche oriented product"
- "Higher leather prices will allow new materials to emerge, such as plastics and synthetics"
- "Social norms will be effective wheels of change"
- "Leather vs Synthetic. Which are greener?"
"Portugal is highly specialized in leather footwear which it exports primarily to European markets. Neighbouring Spain is the main supplier of imports which consist mostly of rubber & plastic and textile footwear."