"Three of the world’s biggest carmakers have jumped into peer-to-peer vehicle sharing, as the automobile industry scrambles to stay relevant in the age of Uber and BlaBlaCar.Pense na sua empresa... pense no seu negócio...
Within hours of each other, Ford, General Motors and BMW announced Airbnb-style schemes on Wednesday – with each manufacturer claiming to be the first to let car owners earn money by renting out their new vehicles to other drivers.
“I think car manufacturers are rapidly waking up to the fact that part of their current and future clientele are not interested in owning cars any more,” he added." [Moi ici: Corrente que está longe de chegar a Portugal, país onde o preço relativo de um automóvel é dos mais altos e, no entanto, onde mais cresce a compra dos ditos cujos]
Estes gigantes do mundo automóvel, são capazes de fazer experiências, de testar novos modelos de negócio, de alterar as suas propostas de valor.
E a sua empresa, e o seu negócio, enquanto o mundo à sua volta, muda o que faz? Vai para as TV e jornais pedir um apoio, um subsídio, uma protecção, uma barreira artificial?
"Dan Ammann, president of GM, last month outlined the dilemma for city-dwellers who rarely use their cars. “It’s the last thing you should do because you buy this asset, it depreciates fairly rapidly, you use it 3 per cent of the time, and you pay a vast amount of money to park it for the other 97 per cent of the time,” he said in an interview with the Financial Times.E mudar de estratégia? E mudar de modelo de negócio? E mudar de proposta de valor? E mudar de canal? E mudar de clientes?
“However, demand for personal transport in cars continues to increase. The more cars get used – ie shared – the faster they wear and need to be replaced. So pooling and sharing isn’t necessarily negative, unless one fails to get involved.”
The other benefit for manufacturers is they can introduce young consumers to their products."
Outra fonte "MINI relaunches its brand and offers Airbnb-style sharing to car owners"