quarta-feira, janeiro 23, 2013

We need to market to someone

"Seth Godin on Kickstarter and the Value of an Author Platform" de onde retirei esta mensagem, tão ao gosto deste blogue:
"My whole life is about not getting people to complaint, I try to delight.
But you can’t delight and create the scarcity without having some people feel like they didn’t get to be part of it.
So I get that the vast majority of humans on planet Earth don’t want to read any of my books, and they certainly don’t want to read a book that weighs seventeen pounds. But I didn’t do this for the vast majority of people on Earth. I did it for the tiny sliver of people that wanted to play along. So, the people that didn’t get the joke, so the people who taught I didn’t belong on Kickstarter, or the people who said “I’ll just wait to buy the book later”
That’s fine, it wasn’t for them.
And that shift in mind is another thing that marketers have to get their arms around, which is, the days of marketing something to everyone are over, unless you’re Lady Gaga or Coca-cola, but for the rest of us we need to market to someone. And then everyone might not get in on it which is fine because, again, it’s not about maximization it’s about organizing and amplifying to fine people."

Sem comentários: